Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lucasfilm President and COO Retiring, Kathleen Kennedy Gains UNLIMITED POWER!


Ok, so the headline was a little tongue in cheek.  Kathleen Kennedy is hardly Emperor Palpatine, but it looks like with both George Lucas transitioning into retirement and Micheline Chau retiring, it certainly seems that authority at Lucasfilm is being consolidated in the person of Ms. Kennedy.

According to Variety, the "Senior executives" of Lucasfilm's divisions; Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation, LucasArts, Lucas Licensing, Skywalker Sound, Lucas Online, and Lucasfilm Singapore, will report directly to Ms. Kennedy.

From Variety:


"I've been very fortunate to have Mich at the helm of my company," said Lucasfilm founder and co-chairman George Lucas. "She has provided the focus and strategy needed to keep Lucasfilm at the forefront of the global entertainment industry. Mich has been a key member of my executive team for over 20 years and she will be missed. I wish her the best in her retirement."
"I've spent the past two decades at Lucasfilm growing the business and in the process have had the distinct pleasure of working with some of the most creative people in the world" Chau said. "I'm very proud of what Lucasfilm has accomplished during my tenure and I know the company is set up for great things and will continue to inspire audiences for a long time to come."

SOURCE: VARIETY

No comments:

Post a Comment